House of Ruth

Give Today

Bequests/Planned Gifts


Make your commitment to women and children who are homeless and abused part of your legacy to the world by including House of Ruth in your will.



You should consult an attorney in preparing your will. Sample language that may be helpful follows:

I give and bequeath to House of Ruth, a Washington, DC, non-profit corporation whose federal tax identification number is 52-1054102 and whose address is 5 Thomas Circle, NW, Washington, DC 20005, the sum of $____________ (or ________% of the rest, residue and remainder of my estate) to be used for the general operations of House of Ruth.

In addition, there are several special vehicles for giving, called “planned gifts,” that provide certain tax benefits. For example, you can set up a charitable gift annuity or irrevocable trust to pay you income for life; then, the principal becomes a gift to House of Ruth. You get a current charitable gift deduction based on the value of your future gift.

For more information, please contact Meg Tsuda at or by phone at 202-597-5801.