Gifts for Families Holiday Program
The Gifts for Families Holiday Program connects you or your organization with the women and children at House of Ruth during the holiday season. The gifts on our Target.com registry are allocated by age, and range around $100-$150 per person (1-2 gifts per family member).
In previous years, we’ve had everything from individual donors purchasing holiday gifts for a single family, to a church who purchased gifts for all the women at our Madison shelter, to a company organizing a holiday gift drive to purchase gifts for all the families at an entire program!
Our hope and goal this year is to have every single one of the 652 gifts on our holiday registry purchased, so that every client receives a special holiday present.
Please read the FAQs below for more information. For any additional questions about the Gifts for Families program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Gifts for Families FAQs
- Can I wrap the gifts?
- No, all gifts must come to us unwrapped. This is to ensure that what we are providing our clients is non-violent and age-appropriate. It also gives a chance for the mom to wrap the presents for her children. Adopters are more than welcome to provide wrapping supplies!
- When do we need to provide the gifts by?
- We ask that all gifts arrive/be brought to us by December 15th. Our programs are informed of these dates beforehand and many will come to us that same day to start picking up their items. If you forget to bring an item, and drop it off late, there is no guarantee that we will be able to reunite it with its family.
- Am I able to meet the family that I am buying gifts for?
- No, for confidentiality reasons we are unable to share anything about the family.
- Do the items have to be new?
- Yes, any items that are received in November/December must be new. This is both for Gifts for Families items and general donations from our Amazon Wish List. Please include gift receipts when possible.
- What about purchasing gift cards for the family?
- Gift cards are acceptable and welcomed. Gift cards to places like Wal-Mart, Target, gas stations, and grocery stores usually work best, unless the family specifies something else. If possible, include the gift card receipt or a note as to the amount (in case the client tries to use it and it doesn’t work).
- How should I bring the gifts to House of Ruth?
- Our administrative office is located in Thomas Circle in Washington, D.C. If you need directions or help getting here, you can call 202-891-7856.
- I have a question about one of the items on the wish list. Who do I contact?
- Please send an email to Britney Weaver at email@example.com.