House of Ruth

Give Today

Stocks/Mutual Funds


Download stock transfer instructions here to send to your broker.

Remember, you’ll maximize your tax benefits by donating stock that has increased in value and that you have held for more than a year. For your tax purposes, you’ll get a letter of gratitude indicating the mean value of the stock on the day House of Ruth received it into our account — that’s the amount you can deduct as a charitable contribution (within the limits of the law).

If you happen to have a Vanguard account, you can also easily transfer mutual funds to House of Ruth’s account. Once you log into your Vanguard account, type in “Give Shares or Securities to an Individual or Organization” in the search bar to find the online form to transfer shares to House of Ruth.

For more information, please contact Emily Gjovik at egjovik@houseofruth.org or by phone at 202-597-5801.