Volunteer with House of Ruth
Thank you for your interest in lending a hand at House of Ruth! Volunteers enrich the lives of the women and children participating in our 15 programs. From leading weekly “Zumba” classes, to working alongside educators at our Kidspace Child and Family Development Center, to hosting a holiday coat drive…there are many ways to make a difference!
Individual and Group Volunteer Opportunities
- Photographers: Someone with professional photography experience to capture portraits of the women and children we serve.
- Arts & Crafts: Teaching a class on something artistic, like writing, knitting, crocheting, or hosting a Paint & Sip (with juice/soda to sip!)
- Computer skills: Teaching participants how to draft emails or navigate simple computer tasks
- Job Readiness: Resume writing, interviewing skills, how to keep employment once you are hired
- Self-Care Activities
- Motivational Speakers
- Attorneys: Provide general advice on custody issues or give advice on end-of-life issues
- Workplace Holiday Presents Drive: Every year during the holiday season, we collect a list of presents the kids at our family programs want that year. Consider hosting a holiday drive with friends and family or at your workplace to help fulfill our holiday gift-shopping list!
- Host a Fundraiser for House of Ruth: Many individuals and groups in the community have organized their own fundraising efforts on behalf of House of Ruth. If you’d like to raise money for House of Ruth, please email firstname.lastname@example.org describing your idea for raising money.
We’ve received donations from children who set up a lemonade stand, groups of friends who have gathered at a potluck or cocktail party, Zumba/dance workshops, benefit performances of many kinds, and birthday celebrations where gifts to House of Ruth were encouraged. Student groups, from daycare programs and elementary schools to colleges and universities, have used a variety of approaches to raise funds for the women and children at House of Ruth.